Staff Development Coordinator
|February 07, 2013 - March 07, 2013|
|Benefits:||Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Vacation, Personal and Sick Time|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Full-time position with competitive wages and excellent benefit package.|
|Duties:||JOB KNOWLEDGE AND ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:|
1. Coordinates or provided facility education program, including all mandatory in-services (either required by code or by department / facility policies) and any QA-identified educational needs.
2. Adheres to facility work rules, policies and procedures and collective bargaining agreements in the hiring and scheduling of staff.
3. Informs applicants of job openings and details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, and promotion opportunities.
4. Performs pre-employment drug screening, reference checks, background checks after a job offer has been made and before the candidate begins work in the facility.
5. Maintains records of applicants not selected for positions.
6. Provides and documents all in-services.
7. Educates staff on all required policies and procedures.
8. Maintains secure personnel records for all employees including attendance documents, requests for time off, discipline and counseling forms.
9. Reduces unscheduled vacancies by contacting available staff to cover.
10. Advises the Director of Nursing Services of outstanding issues, potential problems, and labor relations matters.
|Qualifications:||SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:|
1. Must have a valid State-appropriate Nursing license required.
2. Experience with staff scheduling, emergency staffing, recruiting and hiring, background checks and reference checks required.
3. Must be able to read, write, and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to perform the tasks required.
4. As required able to work overtime evenings and/or weekends to meet departmental deadlines.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.